Laboratory workflow that works
Integrated with the clinical capabilities of IMS, the Diagnostic/Lab Order feature is designed to enhance the practice's laboratory workflow. Its HL7 interface not only enables providers to order lab and diagnostics electronically, it also ensures that providers can enjoy the following benefits:
- Easily provide additional information to the lab regarding the sent order.
- Generate an Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) form.*
IMS Diagnostic/Lab Order
IMS Diagnostic/Lab Order also includes unique capabilities! For lab results sent through HL7, you can send files in TIFF format. You can also automatically assign a lab test status whenever lab test results match to certain conditions.
Diagnostic/Lab Order also features useful tools that will help you do the following:
- Create one or more copies of an existing lab order (for admin users).
- Split the lab order into two or more separate lab orders.
- Edit lab orders that were created using the Visit Note.
- Set a limit to the frequency that a lab test can be ordered within a duration.
- Set the lab order status to Done or delete a lab order.
- Add diagnosis codes or ICD codes in global templates.
- Add lab diagnoses in letter templates.
- Select and filter templates based on their associated labs so that, whenever you open a specific lab, only the applicable templates appear.
- Set a verification requirement for individual lab tests or the whole lab test.
- Link the lab tests with ICD codes, Prescriptions, Careplans, etc.
Arun DeSouza, CISSP.
Mid Michigan Cardiologist