What is Bridges to Excellence Program?
An initiative by Health Care Incentives Improvement Institute (HCI3), the BTE program recognizes and rewards clinicians who deliver superior care to patients with chronic conditions. BTE programs measure the quality of care delivery through certain outcomes and process benchmarks.
Most health plans have adopted BTE programs as part of their pay-per-performance initiatives.
Why should I join BTE?
This is a great opportunity for you to gain recognition and get paid for the work you are already doing -- providing superior care to your patients.
Join our Bridges to Excellence Asthma and Diabetes programs to:
- Receive pay-per-performance bonuses and other incentives.
- Increase your clinic’s value and boost your market share.
- Identify practice performance opportunities and take steps to improve quality of care.
How do I get started?
HCI3 outlined the following three main steps:
Step 1. Decide which programs you want to participate in.
The BTE Care Recognition Programs are designed to cover all major chronic conditions such as asthma and diabetes.
Asthma Care: If you want to earn asthma care recognition, you must achieve these measures:
- Lung function test and monitoring
- Appropriate medication therapy
- Smoking cessation
- Annual influenza vaccination
- Patient self-management plan
Click here to learn more.
Diabetes Care: To become recognized for diabetes care, you need to meet the following measures:
- Blood pressure
- LDL levels
- HgBA1c levels
- Ophthalmologic and podiatry exams
- Nephropathy assessment
Click here to learn more.
Step 2: Determine which performance assessment pathway is best for you.
There are several pathways to submit clinical data to a performance assessment organization (PAO), depending on the program that you want to be recognized for.
One pathway is through automated EMR/Registry System that is HCI3 established. Meditab is a certified EMR vendor who has partnered with HCI3 for diabetes and asthma care recognitions. Other methods include NCQA's Diabetes Recognition Program and Medconcert.
Meditab submits your clinical data through CeCity Medconcert.
Step 3: Apply for recognition.
Now that you’ve chosen an option for data submission, you can now apply for a BTE recognition through Meditab. Contact your account manager for more information on how to apply.
How can Meditab help?
Worry about your patients and let Meditab handle your data submission. Contact us now to learn how we can assist you.
As your BTE partner, we provide the following:
- Recruit and enroll clinicians for BTE assessment
- Extract medical records according to measure specifications
- Quarterly send of medical records and clinician identifiers
- Communicate performance assessment results
Ready to get started and earn additional revenue for your practice? Contact us now