New Medicare ID Cards
Instead of the existing SSN, Medicare will be issuing new Medicare cards with Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI), a unique, randomly-assigned Medicare number which contains eleven characters, a combination of numbers and uppercase letters.
"We're taking this step to protect our seniors from fraudulent use of Social Security numbers which can lead to identity theft and illegal use of Medicare benefits."
- CMS Administrator Seema Verma
Take a look at the newly designed Medicare card here.
IMS Is Ready and We're Here to Help!
To aid doctors and help other health care providers get ready for the change, Meditab is taking a proactive approach. We are committed to helping you, your patients, and your practice to make the transition as smooth and easy as possible.
Don't know where to start to get ready for the new Medicare cards? Here's how:
- 1. Visit cms.gov to know more about all the important information you need to make a seamless transition.
- 2. Our multi-certified EHR system is well equipped to help you face the upcoming adjustments:
- IMS supports the new Medicare ID format
- Notifications regarding new Medicare ID card issued to a patient will be displayed during the patient's insurance eligibility verification.
- 3. Subscribe to our e-mail list to receive email updates about the latest news of CMS card change initiative.
Meditab is constantly checking for updates from CMS to make sure IMS stays compliant with the changes.
For all other information about the Medicare card change, visit
Or you man contact us email@example.com