Laboratory workflow that works
Integrated with the clinical capabilities of IMS, the Diagnostic/Lab Order feature is designed to enhance the practice’s laboratory workflow. Its HL7 interface not only enables providers to order lab and diagnostics electronically; it also ensures that providers can enjoy the following benefits:
- Easily provide additional information to the lab regarding the sent order.
- Generate an Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) form.*
Diagnostic/Lab Order also features useful tools that will help you do the following:
- Create one or more copies of an existing lab order (for admin users).
- Split the lab order into two or more separate lab orders.
- Edit lab orders that were created using the Visit Note.
- Set a limit to the frequency that a lab test can be ordered within a duration.
- Set the lab order status to Done or delete a lab order.
- Add diagnosis codes or ICD codes in global templates.
- Add lab diagnoses in letter templates.
- Select and filter templates according to the labs associated with it to access only a specific list of templates whenever you open a specific lab.
- Set a verification requirement for individual lab tests or the whole lab test.
- Link the lab tests with ICD codes, Prescriptions, Careplans, etc.
IMS Diagnostic/Lab Order also includes unique capabilities! For lab results sent through HL7, you can send files in TIFF format. You can also automatically assign a lab test status whenever lab test results match to certain conditions.
Learn more about our Diagnostic/Lab Order solution.
*Currently, ABN is only available for Quest Diagnostic and Lab Corp. ABN will soon be available for all the labs on our next build.